Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lazarus Awakening by Joanna Weaver

As a new reader of Christian literature, I was very pleasantly surprised by Joanna Weaver’s eloquent explanation and discussion of John 11:1-12:12. Being only vaguely familiar with the story of Lazarus and unfamiliar with the author, I had no expectations when I began reading this book. Lazarus Awakening did awaken in me some self examination. Joanna’s personal accounts of her struggles with unworthiness, unforgiveness and selfishness helped remind me that I am not alone in my imperfection.

Joanna walks the reader though the story of Lazarus step by step. She explains the relevance of each character to our own Christian growth. She reminds us that God loves us regardless of our faults and all we have to do is accept his love.

Lazarus Awakening is a great read for established as well as new Christians. Joanna speaks to her readers like a friend. You can almost envision yourself sitting at her table and talking over coffee. The end of the book contains a 10 week bible study to further explore the scripture and reflect on its meaning. Also included is a very helpful list of resources for further reading and study.

After reading this book, I am anxious to read Joanna Weaver’s other books.

I received this book from the publisher to review and write an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment