Monday, July 26, 2010

"Get in the car, we're going to church!"

It's true, I dressed us up in our finest church clothes, lunch in tow and headed to church. Now, when I say fine church clothes, I am talking about worn out shorts and tee shirts. These clothes suit us fine for church. I have never been critized for dressing poorly or not paying the correct respect. In fact, I don't have to pay to visit my church at all. The church is solely funded by God. He asks for no tithe to attend. Many people avoid church for various reasons; guilt, feeling judged, not fitting in... I have never once felt any of these feelings in my church. Acceptance, oneness and awe are the only feelings that enter my heart in church. The best thing about my church is that no matter where you live, there is a church nearby.

I hope that you will consider visiting my church. It was created by God
himself and it is complete perfection. The church is called Nature and it reaches my soul more than any other church I have attended (and there have been many). I am deeply happy for those people that have found their salvation in churches created by man. In some ways I am jealous. They have community and cookouts. For me, God has always been in Nature. I have never been able to feel his presence in a church. So, if you are having problems of faith, please consider my church.

Salvation is waiting.

"A few minutes ago every tree was excited, bowing to the roaring storm, waving, swirling, tossing their branches in glorious enthusiasm like worship. But though to the outer ear these trees are now silent, their songs never cease. Every hidden cell is throbbing with music and life, every fiber thrilling like harp strings, while incense is ever flowing from the balsam bells and leaves. No wonder the hills and groves were God's first temples, and the more they are cut down and hewn into cathedrals and churches, the farther off and dimmer seems the Lord himself."
— John Muir

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Melanie! Our society today (I'm certainly part of it) is so fixated on material things that can be purchased from a store and consumed or displayed in our homes or on our bodies or even around our necks (like a noose, actually). Traditional churches require that we adorn ourselves in our finest before we enter our house of worship. I'm sure God is not concerned with the label inside our shirt or the shine on our shoe. What is important is that we set aside some time to praise Him and give thanks. However, should we be thanking him for our fine automobile or fur coat or for the beauty of the nature that He has provided for us for our enjoyment and sustenance? if more of us took the time to truly stand in awe of God's creations, we might be more inclined to take better care of it. I miss you Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said... I miss you too!!!!!

    ReplyDelete