Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Green Clean

I have been using green cleaning products for several years now. Here are some of my favorites:

Vinegar and water is a great cleaner for mirrors, windows, wood floors and counter tops. It is pretty much my go to cleaner for general cleaning.

For wood furniture and general bathroom cleaning; I like to use Sal Suds by Dr. Bronner. I use Sal Suds to mop bathroom floors, clean bathroom counters, dust wood, toliets and really clean anything that needs a little more than vinegar and water. Sal Suds can used as laundry detergent (but I am addicted to Charlie's), dishwashing detergent and for pretty much anything and everything. Sal Suds is diluted with water so a bottle literally lasts forever! I can not say enough good things about it.

For grout, I use a paste of baking soda and water.

For hand washing, we use Dr. Bronners soaps diluted in water. I have used the Peppermint, Almond, Lavendar and Tea Tree. Currently, I am totally hooked on Tea Tree. Dr. B's soaps are also great for the face, body and hair. Although, when used as shampoo it can make your hair tangle. Be sure to follow with a Apple Cider vinegar rinse or conditioner.


I have also tried making my own laundry soap and dishwasher detergent. Neither one worked very well for me. The dishwasher detergent caused my Tervis to become very foggy. The laundry detergent seemed to clean fairly well, but did not remove strong odors like deodorant or perfume. The recipe I used for the laundry detergent contained borax, washing soda and castile soap. I can not remember the dishwasher recipe.

Happy Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment