Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Natural Beauty

Here are some of the natural products I use to look acceptable:

Moisturizer- Organic coconut oil- this is my current favorite. I have also used olive oil and jojoba. All the oils work well, but I read that the antioxidants in coconut oil help to prevent wrinkles and sun damage. Ok, so some of the damage is already done, but future damage must fight through my layer of coconut oil. HA!



Cleanser- Currently, I am back to Cetephil due to the winter turning me into an alligator. Cetephil can be used without water and it leaves a light layer of moisture on your skin. Usually, I use something more natural like Dr. Bronner's.



Toner & Re-fresher- Rose water- Awwwwww Yaaaaahhh. I spray it on my face when I need a little uplift or just a fresh feeling face. I get it at Vitacost or I have bought rose water in the ethnic food section at Publix. I will attach a picture from Amazon just so you can get an idea of what I am talking about.



Toothpaste- Tom's or Trader Joes- I like the fluoride free Propolis & Myrrh. Trader Joes has it for half the price of Tom's. I have used just about every flavor that Tom's has and they are all great. I also use baking soda once a week to clean any stains that my excessive coffee drinking may have caused.



Deodorant- Tom's or Nature's Gate- Currently, I am loving Nature's Gate. I can not use anti-perspirant due to allergies. Tom's and Nature's Gate are great long lasting deodorants. I have been using them for a very, very long time, but if I remember right it was an adjustment. The lack of anti-perspirant means when you sweat; you get a little damp. That IS the way it is supposed to be, but it is uncomfortable at first.



So, let us not ponder our beauty in excess, but maintain the natural beauty we have and focus our attention on something higher.

"Beauty isn't worth thinking about; what's important is your mind. You don't want a fifty-dollar haircut on a fifty-cent head." ~Garrison Keillor

No comments:

Post a Comment